First Stage Labs
Hey, this is First Stage Labs! We are a venture studio focused on building and scaling Web3 startups for mass audiences from the ground up. We partner with exceptional founders, share our extensive expertise in product development, marketing and design with the goal to reach an escape velocity together. The companies we create are centered in the areas of NFT, DeFi, GameFi and SocialFi.
We are looking for a Senior Lawyer**.**
You are a perfect candidate if:
• Master's degree in law;
• Over 5 years of experience in international law firms, BIG4, investment funds, crypto funds, and crypto exchanges in practice areas such as Corporate/M&A, Commercial, Banking & Finance.
• Fluent in English with a strong command of legal vocabulary. Knowledge of Russian is a plus.
• Specialization in M&A, venture capital, WEB3/crypto, international legal and tax structuring. Previous experience in drafting agreements such as SAFE, SAFT, SPA, MoU, TS, LOI, SHA.
• Strong analytical skills and a pragmatic business approach.
The position includes the following responsibilities:
• Participate in complex M&A transactions, corporate restructurings, and other projects under English law in different jurisdictions, including the UAE, Cayman Islands, USA, UK, Seychelles, and Armenia.
• Develop and structure contractual relationships between legal entities in various jurisdictions (UAE, CAYMAN, USA, UK, Seychelles, Armenia).
• Draft investment documents related to venture capital and crypto investments.
• Analyze legislation and prepare legal opinions on various issues related to the main areas of business.
• Communicate and coordinate with third-party lawyers, advise HR and the financial department on various issues.
• Participate in legal due diligence and financial audits.
• Assist and advise the business in maintaining an efficient group structure.
• Draft policies and procedures where needed and keep existing policies and procedures up to date.
• Take ownership of the relevant corporate law responsibilities in the jurisdictions in which the business operates.
• Work closely with the CLO, CFO, business developers, company founders, investors, and partners.